Saturday, June 19, 2010

Boots, Roses, Art


"UBIQUITY"
Art while you're out


Emma de Clario 18 June to 01 July 2010
Frances Keevil Gallery 28-34 Cross Street, Double Bay, NSW
A sensitive execution using mixed media on wood panel. Oil and beeswax on mobile phone photographs, printed on recycled acid proof paper and mounted on reclaimed and kilm dried old growth Australian timber.

These boots are bliss
I'm a retailer's worst nightmare - the shopper that keeps trying on and on, yet seldom buys. Sixteen pairs of boots later, I scored a rare winner. A stunning pair of black leather lined, knee high boots, lightweight, superior style and craftsmanship, with the added bonus of a 30% discount. How could I resist them? All that had gone before them suffered by comparison. I tried to say no to these beauties by convincing myself that I could have two pairs of made in China ankle boots for the price of one pair of these Spanish sensations. Had I waited until next week the discount would have been 50% but when you wear the world's most common shoe size (8) it isn't worth leaving it to chance.
Keep an eye out in the sales for these life enhancing boots (like gloves on your feet) made in Spain. (Hispanitas).



Footnote
On my way to an Art exhibition in Double Bay I noticed several pairs of  boots made in Italy, in a shop window. I was tempted to add another monument to European style to my wardrobe as they too were reduced. I'm fickle. Once again it was love at first sight...fortunately the shop was closed.

Postscript
Crunch time. I have a house rule that for every one thing that comes in, one must go out. A hard decision when it comes to shoes, but a must do if you want to stay in control of your fashion style, and have space in your wardrobe.

Flower power
After such an exhilarating retail purchase I walked head held high, feet hardly touching the ground with everything in my world looking rosy. Hope you enjoy smelling these roses to....


Roses were everywhere I looked

No comments:

Post a Comment