Saturday, June 26, 2010

Observations from way down under


The sparkling Waitemata on a not so sparkling winter's day

I'm staying with family in Auckland, NZ's largest city. It sits on an isthmus, astride two coasts. Consequently the weather is very unpredictable. Public transport is limited so there are a lot of cars on the roads. I had to check that the car that I was driving had  indicator lights as nobody seems to indicate,. As for letting you pull across two lanes.......forget it. They drive the supermarket trolley with the same level of aggression.The left hand rule of the road is archaic - when turning left give way to everything on your right. Think about that one! The All Blacks beat the Welsh last night; ALLof NZ went to sleep happy.
I'm staying with family who have family living overseas...Skype calls are the norm; so much for the empty nest when the family leaves home. Off to a market this morning to hopefully pick up the threads of where NZ is at. I do know, based on my visit to the supermarket that fruit and vegetables are more expensive than they are in Australia. Let's see what today brings....

No comments:

Post a Comment