Monday, June 21, 2010

It's a topsy-turvey world

Temporarily distracted?

Do you ever find yourself spinning and reflecting simultaneously? The positive side to both these states is that they usually present themselves in user friendly, mood lifting, technicolour.
I'm sure a psychologist would come up with an interesting take on these (non drug induced) technicoloured  moments of mine.

I'd like to share two such complimentary  images with you.

"My world is spinning" - Westfield Centre, Bondi Junction

"There's a whole lot of reflecting going on" - Queen Victoria Building, Sydney

Today's hopefully transient mood is reflected in the book that I've chosen to read this week. "The Toy Collector" by James Gunn, is described on the cover as "alternatively funny, tragic, erotic and violent." I'll keep you updated....


Heavenly Chocolate and Raspberry Cakes.
As promised, the name and web address of the supplier of these delights is posted on my blog "Literary Writer's, Wine and Food" - enjoy!
Coincidentally I 'discovered' Manna from Heaven's Lemon Polenta Cakes five years ago. I was involved with in-house catering for a dealing room of
dinkum Aussie blokes with a food mentality based on sausage rolls and chips.
Mysteriously the polenta cakes proved to be winners. I'm surprised that I didn't pick up the maker this time round. I did recognise quality though.

No comments:

Post a Comment