Friday, June 11, 2010

Shopping habits

Writing can be a lonely existence; any excuse to 'get out' is a bonus. I'm writing this as I sit waiting for a prescription.

I'm a person that shops every day. Unfortunately not for the more glamorous things in life but for the basic essential - food.


Shopping habits (mine excluded) are changing rapidly. Malls are facing a hands on challenge from the inevitable 'next big thing' - online shopping. Virtual shopping centres, on behalf of retailer tennants where online orders can be placed.
This is shopping without sentiment.

With thousands of members signing up every week to private members shopping clubs these virtual shopping centres are expected to pull in a big following. It's anticipated that fashion will occupy the biggest segment of this expanding market.


I'm a sweet old fashioned girl who likes to see and touch what I'm buying and have the in-store (preferably a small store) tangible experience.



Am I alone in this?

Just now the Chemist asked if I'd like an SMS to remind me how many repeats are left on my prescription .......No No No thanks.
How much more technology can we handle before we implode?

No comments:

Post a Comment